This is one of my favorite ways to make butternut squash. It’s a warm salad. It is from Wegmans, our great local supermarket. Their recipes call for using their brands of all of the ingredients. You don’t need to get anything prepackaged. The basting oil can be olive oil or grapeseed, with garlic added.
- 2 pkgs(20 oz each)Butternut Squash, cut in 1-inch cubes
- 2 large red onions, peeled, chopped (about 4 cups)
- 3 Tbsp Basting Oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pkg(6 oz) Fresh Baby Spinach
- 3/4 cup Sweetened Dried Cranberries
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Toss squash and onions with basting oil in large bowl; season to taste with salt and pepper. Arrange in single layer on large baking sheet. Roast 25- 30 min, until tender and brown. Remove from oven.
- Toss squash, spinach, and dried cranberries in large shallow serving dish.