A perfect spicy dish for winter months!
Jerk Seitan with Cauliflower Coconut Rice
- JERK MARINADE
- Soy sauce
- Olive Oil
- Lime Juice
- Brown Sugar
- Minced garlic
- Crushed ginger
- Diced Jalepeno
- Diced small onion
- Spices: Allspice, black pepper, nutmeg, cayenne, cinnamon
- CAULIFLOWER RICE
- one head of cauliflower, broken into florets
- 75g sweet onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- ¾ cup lite coconut milk
- ¾ cup vegetable stock
- 1 lime, squeezed
- 1 15oz can of kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup pineapple, diced
- green onions for garnishing
- Mix up ingredients based on taste or by
- following these portions
- Like most things, I sort of guesstimated. Blend in a food processor if you have one available.
- Marinate the Seitan
- Rip up or slice the seitan and toss it in the marinade. Let it sit for awhile. It could marinate for up to a day, but even half an hour would be good. This could be a great time to start the cauliflower rice!
- Prepare the Coconut Cauliflower Rice
- Process your cauliflower florets until they are the consistency of rice. You can chop them by hand, as well, but it takes a really long time (as I learned). Set aside.
- Saute the onions, garlic, and ginger until softened. Add the coconut milk, stock, lime juice, and cauliflower. Cover and bring to a boil. Take down to a strong simmer and continue to cook until most of the liquid has been absorbed by the cauliflower, 15-20 min. While the cauliflower is simmering, you can cook the seitan.
- Grill the Seitan
- Throw the seitan on skillet over medium high heat. Saute the seitan with all of the excess marinade until it is browned on its edges and all the sauce has been absorbed.
- Ready to Serve
- Stir the beans in to the rice and cook a bit longer. Add the pineapple to the cauliflower and mix it up. Fill a dish with the cauliflower, add a pile of jerk seitan and top with green onions. Enjoy!