My take on one of my favorite Indian dishes, Aloo Gobi. I cooked up Potatoes and Cauliflower with spices, diced tomatoes, onions & peas. It was super filling & very flavorful!
- Cauliflower, broken into florets
- Potatoes, chopped into small cubes
- Medium onion, diced
- Can of diced tomatoes
- Oil of your choosing
- Crushed Garlic
- Crushed Ginger
- Spices: Curry powder, Tumeric, Cumin, Chili Pepper, Cayenne, Allspice, Cinnamon, Ground Pepper, Sea Salt
- Optional: Peanut Butter
- Optional: Peas
- Mix spices up with ½ cup of water, set aside
- Heat up oil in sauce pan
- Add crushed garlic, ginger to oil and cook for a minute
- Add diced onions to mix and mix in, cook 1-2 min.
- Pour in water/spice mix and stir together, and cook for 1-2 min.
- Add potatoes, cauliflower & diced tomatoes to mix and stir everything in. Make sure everything is well coated
- Cover and let cook on medium heat for 15 minutes until potatoes are cooked through.
- Check a few times to stir & see if it needs a bit more water to cook in.
- After 15 minutes, uncover, and add peas peas to mix, and stir together.
- Taste the curry and adjust spices to your tastes. If you would a thicker sauce, stir a scoop of peanut butter in water with the spices. Add to the dish and cook for another few minutes.
Can be served on top of rice, or with naan or pita