This is one of my favorite dishes to make with whatever veggies I have around the house. It’s really easy to make, and you can season it to your taste!
- Medium onion
- Red pepper
- Green peas
- Can of lite coconut milk
- Can of diced tomatoes
- Garlic & ginger
- Red Curry paste
- Spices: Curry, cumin, allspice,
- Tahini or peanut butter
- Add & saute diced onions on stove top for a few minutes
- Add crushed ginger, diced garlic & red curry paste, about a spoonful of each.
- If you have any other vegetables lying around that sound like they'd be good in a curry, dice them up and add them! I used a red pepper this time. Cauliflower, squash, zucchini, ormushrooms would also be great!
- Add a can of diced tomatoes and coconut milk and stir in with other ingredients.
- Stir in the spices. I usually use (roughly) 2 tbsp curry, 1 tsp of cayenne, 1 tsp of cumin, 1 tsp of allspice, salt & pepper.
- Let the ingredients simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- If you would like to, this is a good time to add any frozen peas, toasted nuts you have lying around!
- You can also add a scoop of tahini or peanut butter if you would like to thicken the curry.
- Adjust any flavors, to your taste, and let cook another few minutes.
Grill up additional vegetables, such as asparagus, zucchini spears and toasted pecans. Serve on the side.